Its every Ferrari enthusiast dreamland literally. The Ferrari World Theme Park At Abu Dhabi will open its doors to visitors come 2010. The theme park has an alien like structure which reminds me of the Nitrogenous base life-forms seen in the 2001 sci-fi movie Evolution. The iconic red roof is rumored to be inspired by the classic double curve side profile of the Ferrari GT body & this where the largest Ferrari Logo in the world lives. This will be the biggest indoor theme park to date and of course the first Ferrrari Theme park.
The theme park is built on Yas Island, a 2,500 hectare island dedicated to leisure, entertainment and lifestyle. Among other worlds best are the fastest roller coaster travelling at top speed of 200 km/h (124 mph) which is aimed at giving thrill seekers a feeling of being in an F1 race car. Speaking of F1 the theme park is actually located adjacent to the Yas Marina Circuit which host the inaugural 2009 Formula 1 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.
- World's first Ferrari theme park
- World's largest indoor park
- Opening in 2010
- Owned by Aldar Properties PJSC
- Managed by Farah Leisure Parks Management L.L.C, a joint venture between Aldar Properties PJSC and ProFun Management Group Inc.
- Located on Yas Island on the North East side of Abu Dhabi's mainland
- Yas Island is a 10-minute drive from Abu Dhabi International Airport, 30 minutes from the city of Abu Dhabi, and 50 minutes from Dubai
- Adjacent to the Yas Marina Circuit, hosting the inaugural 2009 Formula 1 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix
- Designed by globally renown architectural firm Benoy
- Building height is 45m (147.6 ft), with a roof edge circumference of 2,200 m (7217.8 ft)
- Enclosed space (area accessible to the general public) is 100,000 m2 (1,076,391 sq ft)
- Over 35,000 tonnes of steel have been used to reinforce the structure
- Landscaped area around the main building is 450,000 m2 (4,843,759 sq ft)
- Design inspired by the classic double curve side profile of the Ferrari GT body
- Made from metal and glass designed to reduce glare and heat
- Total surface area is 200,000 m2 (2,152,782 sq ft)
- The Ferrari logo is 65m x 48.5m, the largest Ferrari logo ever created
- Highest point is 48m, with a total of 6,900 meters of roof guttering
- Designed by one of the world's most prominent design firms Jack Rouse Associates
- Over 20 state-of-the-art rides and attractions.
- Featured attractions include:
- The world's fastest roller coaster emulating the feeling of being in an F1 car
- G-force experience taking passengers on an adrenaline-pumping ride up over 62m, through the roof and back down again
- State-of-the-art racing simulators using a similar system as those used by the Ferrari racing team
- Flume ride journey through the heart of a Ferrari 599 engine
- Driving and Racing school for junior drivers, with expert training
- Aerial voyage over Italy following a Ferrari
Food & Beverage
- A broad range of dining, quick service and beverage locations offering Italian inspired delicacies as well as a variety of international dishes.
- Highlights include:
- Two restaurants inspired by the real Maranello food experience
- A true Italian ambiance of a traditional delicatessen, including:
- Customized fresh pasta and pizza made-to-order
- An array of international dishes to satisfy all tastes
- Visitors can expect a retail experience that celebrates Ferrari's rich heritage in a way never seen before.
- Highlights include:
- 825 m2 store celebrating Ferrari's rich history with vintage and contemporary racing memorabilia
- Souvenir photo opportunities for capturing the thrill of the moment
- "Interactive Corners" where children can customize their own park souvenirs
- 1300 m2 flagship store offering Ferrari and special Ferrari World Abu Dhabi items
Source : Carscoop